Thursday, October 20, 2005

significance of today

well, today we had late start, which is usually but, today, i was till tired. Yesterday there was latestart as well. But, right after school, i had to be go to a debate competetion... and i won, yay me :*]. I actually scouted the other team out, o well, i was just being resourceful. later that night i got to catch up on my reading, TIME, and this novel, about grace. It's a very good, book i'd recomend it to anyone. today was okay, not the best. It was fine until i got to 6th hour and got my test back, i got a 78% that is not what i was expecting, it made me very sad and angry. I really stuidied and i thought i did well, but show's how much i know. And you know what else pisses me off, when I ask a question to MR. smith about the lesson, he gives me so much crap and smartmouthness(is that a word?) it;s very frustrating. I feel like I can't ask questions in his class, and that's why i get less than wonderful grades. The end of the marking period is next week, we have a quiz tomorrow and a notebook check. I studied, my notebook is always organized, I NEED THOSE POINTS! if i want to get at least a B- for the quarter, i need a 90 on the quiz and a 97 on the notebook check. If you're reading this wish me luck. Anyway after i leave class feeling very upset and getting my elbow slammed inside my locker, i get to the front of the school where i wait for my ride and chill with friends. So i go up there put my books down.
"wud up shorty?" Sonnie :*) he didn't realize it but just seeing him, made me feel better. From behind me steve comes up and starts tickeling me.( i'm super ticklish) He gets me half way to the floor. Sigh. They leave me with hugs and a smile and sense of knowing, that i have good friends. I love them both, I do. God bless them for being so great. Even in summer, when i was a little messed up from everything, i rode my bike and accidentally found their house. they were so wonderful to me. I don't think they realize it though, but that's okay.
When i think about it, my problems seem so small. See, i was working at the hospital today, at the surgical reception, like I always do. This woman comes up she just wants to check on her husband. So kelly runs back to OR to get an update. the woman waits at the reception. she says "It's been a long week." and i'm like "tell me about it." she does... her daughter died earlier this week. 31 years old. 2 kids. she was In intensive care for 4 days, so i'm guessing it was a car crash. I look at the woman who is startign to get teary. all i could say was "deepest sympathy" I wanted to reach out and take her hand and say to be strong, but the phone rang. So what is the significance of today? COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS PEOPLE, TELL THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE THEM...AND COMMENT ON SHRO'S BLOG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home