Thursday, April 12, 2007

So I finally got onto a computer that would let me sign on to this new blogger. So it's been like what? 4 months since i've published? anywho, what gives? I'm on spring break and there's only about 43 more days of school left(YAY). I'm looking forward to the summer. I plan on taking a college class in economics, we'll see how that goes. But lately i have been overjoyed with the amount of freetime i have on spring break. I didn't go anywhere because i'm going to Damascus for a good month in August, and i may miss the first day of my senior year(another yay). Iwas about to not go, but then i just remembered my uncle and kicked myself for ever even considering not going. So ya. BUt back to spring break. I have been enjoying every secnd of staying home, reading, watching SVU gallore, and strangers on youtube. I got to see my brother and talk to him, which is always a good thing. I also got some work, for school, work, and other. I guess i'm being semi-productive. But I really needed the down-time. I'm applying to be on my city's youth branch of city council. I'm thinking i have a good chance. I just need to get one more letter of recomendation, and my application should complete. I'm also waiting for my ACT score to come in the mail. I want to know. I already know where i'm applying. I know this much. I gotta get out of here. I can't stay here for college. At least not for the first year or two. I am in desperate need of a change. So my first choce is the AUC. That's right, American University of Cairo, in Egypt. I may do prep for a journalism degree, or something. I'm not sure but for my last two years, i may transfer into U of M ann arbor just so i can get my degree from there. But right afterwards, I'd go staight back to the Middle East. I know this is rediculous , setting a template of my what my life shall be. BUt as of right now, this is what I'm thinking. I'm perfectly aware that plans change and people change. But all i know, is that change is one thing i am extremely fond of at this point.
I mean, I have lived in this place my whole damn life, I've known the people and places and ways for just way too long. I need a change of scenery. I need someplace where I can grow and learn more about myself and the world. I need a new prespective with all new people. The down side is, is that i'm still going to be here for another good year, that is, before i graduate High School. I guess, I'll just enjoy it for what its worth, but all the while anticipate what lies ahead. It's exiting, the course of my whole life lies in my own two hands(to a certain extent, I know it's all written). I think i may end up being dirt poor for the beginning, but i know it'll be so worth it. Life experiences. That's what I'm out for. That, and good times.
I'll keep ya posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home