Tuesday, August 16, 2005

drumroll please(frankee's story)....

this is the story i said I would post. FYI- this is a flashback, marty is her current boyfriend who just said those 3 words that change everything. Enjoy.

“marty, I do love you. I just felt guilty, I owe you an explanation. See, in high school I dated this guy, Carlo. He worked at the family restaurant. He was a year older than I was. Anyway we started dating when I was 14. We fell in love, the works. He always was jealous of other guys and me, but that’s what made him so sweet, he cared. Anyway, the summer after I graduated daddy, bobby, angela, the kids, Al, my aunt Gina and uncle Vinnie, Vito, Tony, Gianni, and Devon all went to Italy for a month. It was fun but it was hell for carlo. He couldn’t an entire month of not seeing me, knowing that I was gonna be surrounded by Hunky Italians for a month and not seeing him. I enjoyed the views, but I really did miss him. I truly did love him with all my heart. How could I not? He was handsome, funny, and devoted. He talked too much and was self conscious, but it was those imperfections that made him so perfect for me. Anyway, when we finally came back, HE asked my family for my hand. They were thrilled, obviously. They loved him like a member of the family, which he practically was. He threw a party and invited all of his family and friends and my family and friends. Everyone knew he was going to propose, except me. It came as such a surprise, but I was so happy. Everything was perfect, I was marrying the guy I love, I was gonna help out with the family business and pretty soon take over it with my uncle bob and future husband, Everything was absolutely perfect. In the back of my mind I knew it all too good to be true, b/c stuff like that doesn’t happen to people like me. And of course I was right. About a month before the wedding he was visiting an old friend in south Bronx. It was nighttime. He called me, told me he was coming home, I told him to be careful……………………………………………………..
HE was killed in a drive-by shooting. It wasn’t intended for him. But shit happens. It happens to me. It took me forever to get out of the house again. I’m still not quite fully recoved. It still hurts when I think about it. This is the first time I’ve talked about it since it happened. HELL, I lost my virginity to him! He’s the only person I’ve ever been with, actually. Hunny , what I’m trying to say is that it’s been a while since I’ve opened up and loved someone. It’s just been so hard, because I stil feel guilty. But I do love you. Very much.. And I want to stop feeling guilty because it wasn’t my fault. And I want to love again, because I know how it is the sweetest thing. So marty, please give me a second chance and I promise to try my very best to love you with everything I have.”
“Frankee, you never even blew your first one. You were like a lost ship looking for the lighthouse fog light you sailed away from. That fog light broke, so you found mine instead.”
“ I’ve been lost for 6 years and you finally brought me back to where I want to be…with you.”
*****
“I never knew my mom. I was a mistake. She was 14 when she had me. My dad was 15. Anyway after her parents disowned her my fathers’ family took her in. She gave birth. About 2 weeks afterward she ran away and all the note said was a very selfish and irresponsible “I’m Sorry”. I’ve never seen her before and I know if I ever did I’d kill her just for what she put my dad and my family through.”

My dad first got married when I was 13. It was like hell for me because I felt like I was losing my only parent to some blonde woman who talks weird.

*****

he came over while I was babysitting. The kid wouldn’t stop crying. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. He came and I was very stressed. “Hey, I heard you were babysitting and thought I might drop by.” “Aw, Carlo I don’t know what’s wrong with ‘em! He won’t stop crying! I tried everything; I don’t know what to do!” “lemme try” he said as he came in and made his way to the baby. He put both his hands on his stomach and started shaking them gently. It worked. “When I was a baby my mom ways put me in this vibrating chair and it kept occupied for hours, go get something that vibrates and stick it in the crib.” Carlo had saved me. I was so happy that I hugged him. We embraced for a while unintentionally. I think we stood there for a good 5 minutes not saying anything. I was getting really nervous, this had never happened before. I have had a crush on Carlo ever since I was a toddler. I looked up into his eyes. I could tell he was holding his breath. I was holding mine. He looked at my lips and back at my eyes. I smiled he went in 90% and I finished off the 100. It was amazing. His tongue was rich and moist on mine. His lips were full and soft. I never wanted to let go of him. I had one hand on his shoulder and the other on the back of his head in his silky hair. Both of his hands started on my lower back and they followed each other up to my hair. I was dazed. “oh frankee, I’ve been wanting to do that for so long” he said as he was breathing out nervously . He too, was mystified. “Carlo, I think we both wanted each other since forever ago.” “Yea?” “Yea!” We both began to laugh, a laugh of relief, a laugh of satisfaction a heartfelt laugh. We sat down. “Listen” I said “ lets just keep this whole thing a secret for now.” “Of course, I don’t think we’re ‘ready’ to let everyone know yet, are we?” “No, lets just give this thing a chance to happen and we’ll tell when we’re ready.” “Okay honey”

We couldn’t tell everyone right away, my family is crazy. They’ll just stick us in a pressure cooker until we explode. We needed time to get into each other which didn’t take long. We’d meet at the roof of mr. catchitori’s fruit and vegetable market to be alone. We snuck kisses when he was over my house chillin with my cousins.

It was really Hard Not being able to tell my best friend Rickie. Rickie knows me to good. She knew I was hiding something and she kept on me about it till I was fed up and told her off. We didn’t talk for 2 day. Those were one of the longest 2 days in my life. When me and Carlo met mr. catchitori’s, I didn’t mean too, but I just started crying. I couldn’t stand not being able to tell Rickie about this new exiting part of my life. He understood, he couldn’t stand not being able to tell Gianni. He told me to tell her. It might make sneaking around a little easier. I called her up immediately. I told her how sorry I was and that Carlo and I had hooked up and that it killed me not being able to tell her. She was thrilled for me of course. We probably couldn’t have snuck around for as long as we did if it wasn’t for her.

After 3 weeks, Uncle vinnie caught us. . We weren’t really about uncle Vinnie he wasn’t a very big talker. But he used it against me a lot. 3 months later Angela caught us. We made her swear not to tell ANYONE. It took a lot of convincing not to tell my dad but we finally got through to her. We just weren’t ready yet.

One Friday night we were all in the living room watching a flick when I went in to make popcorn. Carlo went in for a “refill” We started kissing really intensely practically making out on the countertop. Bobby came in on us and we didn’t even notice….but everyone else in the living room did. Suddenly a mob of angry Italians ambush us. Carlo was scared shitless to see Tony, Vito, Gianni, Bobby, my Dad, and grandpa getting up about to murder him. He got behind me and made sure I was between him and them. Everyone tried to take a shot at him but they were restrained by me, Gina Angela, or Louisa. Uncle was just standing in the back laughing. After a lot of yelling, I finally got everyone to calm down and listen. Carlo began “I swear we weren’t just messing around. We’ve been dating for five months” A commotion broke out, but Angela silenced it. I began “I’m sorry, we just weren’t ready to tell yet, it’s just that he’s like part of the family and we needed to get through the first stage without all the pressure.” “MR. R, please know that I would never do anything to disrespect your family. I’m sorry everyone had to find out this way. But believe me when I say this isn’t a casual fling, I- I love Frankee, very much” “you do???” I said in total surprise “yea, “he said slowly and nervously, “I really do.” “Aw Carlo I love you too!” I hugged and kissed him right there in front of everyone. For those few seconds we had forgotten about my family. Silence was upon everyone; the TV was still running in the back ground. Angela stepped in and broke the silence “Now come on, this isn’t so bad. I mean in the back of our minds and hearts, didn’t we all hope this would happen? Who better then Carlo would we want to love Frankee? Look at them; can’t you see the love in their eyes for one another? We have to be supportive so they’ll feel comfortable about this. I mean if Frankee can’t tell her own family about her love, who can she tell? Who can she trust?” Silence filled the room once again. “I’m really sorry you guys” I said. Then uncle Vinnie started laughing. Gina smacked him and said “you knew about this didn’t you?!” “YEA! So did Angela! I bet she prepped that speech in case this happened!” My dad went blank suddenly “you knew about this?” “Robert, honey, I was only trying to help my daughter.” My grandpa looked at me all serious, then he smiled and began laughing and came over and gave me a bear hug, then he gave one to Carlo. I began to feel a flicker of relief. Then Louisa came over and did the same the Gianni came over to Carlo and apologized for trying to kill him and then he hugged me and kissed me on my forehead. Then everybody apologized and was laughing again; everyone except for Bobby.

He just slipped out of the room casually. I noticed and went after him. I found him in our room, just staring. “Hey, u okay?” he looked at me really deeply. “ How come you told Vinnie and Angela, but not me, you don’t think I could keep a secret??!!” “No, no bobby! We didn’t tell Vinnie and Angela! They caught us and we made them swear by saints not to tell a soul! And if I recall good, you were the one who caught us tonight and let everyone know. I was afraid you’d get really upset and yell or something…. Like you did tonight.” He looked at me with those same deep eyes “God dammit Frankee!!!!!!!! It’s just that I tell you just about everything, you’re my favorite person in the whole world and I know I’ve never said this but” he paused and calmed down and said “you’re my best friend babe. And I thought I knew you, like you knew me. It just feels like a really big bitch slap.” It was my turn to stare deeply. “Bobby, you do know me. Carlo is the only thing I never told you about. I never meant to hurt you. Bobby I love you and you’re my favorite person too. I mean c’mon we’re ROOMIES! If anything you know me better then I know myself. I just want you to be happy for me because Carlo makes me really happy.” We looked at each other deeply. He got smirky I smiled and laughed and put my head against his. We hugged and laughed and smiled. “Promise me one thing, Frankiee” “anything” “promise me I won’t get bumped by Carlo, promise me I’ll always be you’re favorite.” “I promise you Bobby, no one could ever take your place. You’re still the funniest, kindest, person I love. I mean Bobby; you’re my go-to guy when something goes wrong. You always were and you always will be. So are we good now?” “Yea, yea we’re good now. Ughhhhh frankee congrats on your new love and I’m glad he makes you happy. And I’m sorry if I gave you a hard time and that I let everyone know…” “Don’t sweat it, okay?”” Aiight!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home